This blog began in 2003 as Mrs. Rabbitt's Bookbag and continued as From the Library Director from 2005-2010. You can read my newspaper columns at FromtheLibraryColumn published Thursdays in the Norwood Transcript and Bulletin.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Presidential Hangover

I've survived the months and the hours leading up to the Presidential Election and I'm exhausted from the nailbiting stress of the roller-coaster ride. No surprise, then, when this morning I read this site as "Helping You Navigate the Presidential Hangover."  Chuckling to myself, I realized I finally need that break from Pollster.com, CNN, Huffington Post, YouTube, FiveThirtyEight and NPR.  Here's a site to help you navigate the transition and read beyond the red and blue maps, one of the National Journal Online blogs -  Lost in Translation: Helping You Navigate the Presidential Handover.   
Another site that made me chuckle is what I at first thought was a parody .  I mean plum and prune appointments!  It's credible though and boasts the 2008 Survivor's Guide for Presidential Nominees.  I don't think Barack Obama will be calling on me (I can't seem to find any Library agencies listed) but one ne
ver knows when this guide will come in handy. 
"You're honored and flattered, of course. You may have been hoping for this call and doing everything possible to make sure it would come. Or it's possible that this summons has arrived out of the blue. Either way, there's a new president in town, and he wants you to join his management team. If you've always wanted to perform public service, this is a golden opportunity."  From the website Excellence in Transition.org.