This blog began in 2003 as Mrs. Rabbitt's Bookbag and continued as From the Library Director from 2005-2010. You can read my newspaper columns at FromtheLibraryColumn published Thursdays in the Norwood Transcript and Bulletin.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Unique Gifts From Around the World

I have found the National Geographic sponsored site, Novica.com, to be a great source of gifts. Many of the gifts I've purchased come completely or uniquely wrapped - very special packaging touches and personal cards from the artist. The shipping from places like Thailand and Bali seems to be more reasonably priced than within this country and it is very fast and on time. Among other things I've purchased have been the three beaded silk shawls my daughters wore as maids of honor in my wedding this past year.

Check out the necklaces, bags and briefcases, handmade apparel and others and sort by price if you'd like. A great option for gift buying to support aristry around the world.