This blog began in 2003 as Mrs. Rabbitt's Bookbag and continued as From the Library Director from 2005-2010. You can read my newspaper columns at FromtheLibraryColumn published Thursdays in the Norwood Transcript and Bulletin.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Good Reads of Late Fall 2008

An Exact Replica of a Figment of My Imagination: A Memoir An Exact Replica of a Figment of My Imagination: A Memoir by Elizabeth McCracken

My review


Elizabeth McCracken is one of my favorite authors (Awake and Giant's House) and this non-fiction account of losing her stillborn child and surviving is heartwrenching and poignant.  NPR reviews it here.

Revolutionary Road Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates

My review


Brief, classical character study of a sterile and innocuous age ... kept me riveted even though the tragedy of the ending is predictable.