This blog began in 2003 as Mrs. Rabbitt's Bookbag and continued as From the Library Director from 2005-2010. You can read my newspaper columns at FromtheLibraryColumn published Thursdays in the Norwood Transcript and Bulletin.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Say Cheese!


The book group I've joined just read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. This book was a joy to read ... even delicious at times. And funny, inspirational and perhaps life-changing.

Several of the book group members brought ingredients to make the mozzarella cheese that Kingsolver described in her book. Visit the Cheese Queen's website for a mozzarella cheese kit and other cheese-making ingredients and books. It's really easy and delicious and I know because we were tasting it within a half-an-hour. I've ordered the cheese book at the Dover Town Library and can't wait to take on the recipe myself at home, wrapping it in basil and garlic oil just like Trader Joe's. You can sign up for Saturday or weekend workshops in Ashfield, MA at the New England Cheesemaking Company and learn how to make six cheeses in one day ... or more gourmet cheeses in a weekend.  My thanks to my friend, Hillary Sochacki, for the invitation to join her book group and for offering her kitchen for our cheese foray.