This blog began in 2003 as Mrs. Rabbitt's Bookbag and continued as From the Library Director from 2005-2010. You can read my newspaper columns at FromtheLibraryColumn published Thursdays in the Norwood Transcript and Bulletin.

Friday, March 7, 2008

Perhaps Just A Hint Of Mildew


Christopher Brosius, of CB I Hate Perfume, describes his scent, In The Library:

English Novel ... Russian & Moroccan leather bindings, worn cloth and a hint of wood polish. I love books, particularly old ones. Whenever I read, the start of the journey is always opening the book and breathing deeply. Don’t you find there are few things more wonderful than the smell of a much-loved book?... leather is marvelous of course but I find a peculiar pleasure in musty worn clothbound books as well. Perhaps just a hint of mildew…